Our Computer Service
Peter Bowey's Background: (owner)
I was always into technology and gadgets, since the age of three! From the age of 10, I struggled to build a Radio using old valves on my bedroom floor. My Father was rather concerned that I would electrocute myself with the need for a 240 volt A/C mains transformer. 18 months later I had a music education listening to local AM radio station's 5CL and 5AN. There came later revisions, including a home brew AM radio transmitter. At primary school, I was soon nicknamed 'Marconi' after the famous inventor of radio (Guglielmo Marconi)! In later years, I qualified as a electronics technician, and spent many years servicing radio's, stereo's, televisions, and two-way radios. In 1982, I bought my first real computer (a Microbee). I was hooked! In 1985 I shifted my work skills and training to include Computer Technology. I am still learning new skills even today... computer's keep changing.
Microbee Computer - Australia 1982
Peter Bowey has 27 years certified with Electronics Servicing, Engineering and Design background with; Radio, TV, VCR Electronic Servicing, Electronics Audio & Radio Frequency design, Computer Troubleshooting, Software and Networking.
Support Staff: Chris Bowey, Leith Kavanagh & Peter Bowey
What services we offer You:
- My personal service policy is to respond to your computer need within 24 hours (though hard-to-get spare parts may delay this)!
- My workshop has the resource and access to thousands of Computer, Multi-Function and Printer Technical Service manuals, software archives, and replacement spares.
- Is your hard drive making unusual clicking noises? An early call to us could alter a future crisis, and lower your total loss of critical data! If your computer hard drive emits unusual noises (clicking, grinding, or metal scraping), turn it off immediately! This symptom typically indicates a head crash that can soon destroy your data - permanently!
- Repair Facts: Data recovery of failing Computer Hard Drives = 80% success rate!
- Recovery from Virus, accidental file deletions, Email Spam's, Malware & Spyware.
- Transfer of your data and programs from your old computer to a new system.
- Computer system diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair assessments.
- Component repair or replacement (motherboard, CPU, power supply, etc).
- Peripheral device repair or replacement (printers, modems, monitors, scanners).
- Computer based audio recording configurations, software, and interfaces.
- Computer driven DVD, video, photo, camera configurations, software and setup.
- Diagnostics on Audio, Website, Network, and Automobile (car) electronics.
- Macintosh service support for older Power Mac's & newer iMac G4 G5 Computers.
- Engineer Repairs to high-end Epson, Lexmark, Canon, and HP Laser Printers.
- Installation and customization of specific software (MYOB, Quick Books, etc).
- Network solutions for Internet sharing, Intranet, Network connections.
- Backup and Restore solutions.
- Internet Wireless Connectivity and Broadband access, Firewall's and setup.
- Email clients, Server setup, administration and data loss recovery.
- Computer Security, Virus and SPAM Control, and SPYWARE prevention & recovery.
- Windows 2000, XP, and Vista administration, maintenance & network support.
- Website Design and Support for business - Artwork, XHTML and CSS.
- Supply and service of the Acer and Toshiba range of Laptops, and Desktops.
Using plain english:
In today's world, new and advanced technology is growing to be very challenging; complexity is growing rapidly, and more so for the future! End user consumer confidence is being affected by an increasing 'low-cost' push-sell' marketing technique. You do need to know more about the product you are buying “is it compatible with what you have, etc”?
My support team are positioned to help you before you commit to any sale. This is based on our ability to bring to technology to you - in common people' terms. Think of our skills as being a 'interpreter' and educator - which benefits you.
- Computer Engineering (Certified A+)
- Consumer Electronics Service Certification
- Audio & TV Electronic Servicing
- Electronic Security & Surveillance Equipment Design & Service
- Electronic Communications Design
- Audio Engineering and Design
- Two-Way Radio Servicing License (SA State Governments approved)
- Software Design & Database programming
- CISCO Networks
- Nortel Networks
- Microsoft Networking
- Approved Telstra Broadband Partners - ADSL, Satellite, PSTN Internet
- Accounting methodology and practice - MYOB, Intuit
Comments from Peter Bowey - Owner Technician:
My personal goal is finding acceptable solutions to your computing problems & needs. I established this business with the prime focus to offer my own long term knowledge and experience to clients. This asks a demanding discipline of extra hours, not just retail hours, but 14 hours per day, 6 Days each week!
Note: I have committed each Sunday to my personal time given to God (through the life and death of Jesus Christ), to my Victor Harbor Baptist Church attendance, and my heart's desire to worship his love and creation - to us all! Pray with me for the needs of so many!
So when you ask for help, I can assure you are getting advice based on a extensive research and past technical experience. About 90% of customers came to me through word of mouth. I respect that the needs of my local customers are worth listening too!
Our Workshop and Onsite technical rates:
Onsite Labor charge $65.00 per hour.
Workshop Labor charge $55.00 per hour.
Minimum charge $35.00
(Prices include GST)
Payments accepted by cash, cheque, direct deposit, EFTPOS, or Credit Card.
For more information please contact:
Mobile: 0414 440 575
Fax: 08 8552 9185
All hours: 08 8552 8630
Peter Bowey Computer Solutions
69 Sutherland Ave,
Victor Harbor, SA 5211
How to get in touch with Peter Bowey:
If you cannot contact me immediately please use one of the following:
· Post a SMS message to my mobile: 0414 440 575
· Leave a voice message on: (08) 8552 8630 - 24 hours per 6 days
· Send a email to: email us
· Send a fax to: (08) 8552 9185 - 24 hours per day
South Australia, Australia
Or see this local map link for a dynamic map
Phone: 8552 8630 Mobile: 0414 440 575