Computer Self Tutor Guides, and Training Classes (Victor Harbor - South Australia)
You have access to a variety of Local Organizations and Services on the Fleurieu Peninsula (South Australia - Australia).
Victor Harbor Seniors On-Line
Port Elliot Information Technology Centre
Encounter Centre Incorporated
Contact some of the above local South Australia resources and see what they can offer you. I can report that such resources have been extremely helpful and rewarding to many of my local Victor Harbor clients.
If you are basically 'independent', like to deal with personal challenges, then the following guides will help you get started, and progressive on your own computer journey! Software and business programs are always developing and changing. Learning how to use the Internet and e-mail provides you with the ability to access information and keep in contact with friends easily. Just knowing how to use a few important programs will help prevent unnecessary errors and repairs to your computer system.
Be "Self Taught"
Print out the following
For your 'Self-Tutoring' click the following PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents. The range covers the most popular Microsoft applications. Resources with kind permission from: Information Systems Services, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK.
University of Leeds - UK
Documentation (in PDF Format)
- Beginners Guide to Microsoft Word XP(12 pages)
- Moving to Microsoft Office 2000/XP(9 pages)
- Introduction to the Internet WWW(22 pages)
- Introduction to using Internet Explorer(11 pages)
- Making the most of EMAIL(8 pages)
- Introduction to using PowerPoint XP(15 pages)
- Basic Guide to Microsoft Excel(2 pages)
- Beginners Guide to Microsoft Excel XP(16 pages)
- Creating and Formatting Charts with Excel(17 pages)
- Introduction to Microsoft Access(20 pages)
Copyright: The above documents are copyright University of Leeds - UK. Permission to use this material for other than your own personal requirements should be obtained from the Information Officer