Capture a Screen shot - Windows
Capture a Screen shot of a Windows error / event
It may be useful to take a screen shot of any windows event, message or error you are see and send it to your service technician. Use these instructions to take a screen shot and save it into WordPad (a standard application program supplied with all version of Windows). Next, you could then email us or fax this page.
- With the error displayed on your screen, press
one of the following keys:
(A) Alt + PrintScrn to capture the active window
(B) PrintScrn to capture your full computer screen
- Select Start > Programs > Accessories > WordPad (or use Word). The WordPad application opens.
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot into WordPad.
- Select File > Page Setup. Then choose Landscape.
- Select File > Print.
- The printed page is a hardcopy of the captured snapshot.